Supporting You, Your Library Design Process and your Building Project
- Coaching librarians during community Strategic Planning for their library building projects at any scale.
- Architectural Programming.
- Assistance with Architectural Pre-programming and navigating authorship of your Library Project Building Program. Architectural Programming.
- Confidence re-enforcers.
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN professionals.
- Intellectual Freedom and Privacy ADVOCATES
Authors of: Making the Case for a Building Project, The Library Development Guide #5, 2010 for the Southern Ontario Library Service.
Our latest Webinars and Training Workshops:
LLAMA_ALA Webinar, May 2018, “Assessing Your Library – Moving From Assumptions to Facts”
We help librarians lead library projects by:
- Facilitating workshops with the library and your library community;
- Providing personal and discrete background support to librarians as they work with architects to develop design concepts and approve drawings.
- Working in small groups with your staff to instruct them in the principles and basics of architectural design processes programming;
Karen Watson is an architect with 39 years working in all aspects of the field of architecture, from hands on construction, specification writing, design and design documents, site inspection project management and site safety instruction in residential, institutional and commercial buildings.
Most recently library design and architectural programming have been a fulfilling focus. Her personal mission: to empower librarians with communication tools and data to help them retain control of their library building project, start to finish.
Robert Hubsher has been a public librarian since 1987. For 18 years he has been the Executive Director of the Ramapo Catskills Library System, headquartered in Middletown, New York, serving the professional and practical needs of 47 member-libraries.
Speaking up about libraries, working for libraries, championing the freedom to read and the necessity of having an educated citizenry is Robert’s strength and passion.
He is an active member of the New York Public Library Association; past chair of the NYLA Freedom of Information Committee; and a certified Trainer for 'ALA-Strategic Planning for Results'.
His work with community and library boards and political stakeholders at the city, county, state and provincial levels results in benefits to the libraries within the RCLS system.
PLAN22 services include:
- Architectural Programming and assistance to librarians and staff with pre-programming activities and documentation
- Fact finding information sessions with Boards
- Facilitating community planning workshops
- Assistance to Board to determine Project Definition
- Instructional work with librarians and staff for project definition
- Pre-planning work with librarians and staff
- Assistance to librarians and staff to ensure optimum functional relationships throughout a project
- Assistance to Librarians to help them write their library's Architectural Program and scope definition.
- Support and direction in developing an Energy Efficient design.
- And ...On-line training for Architectural Programming and Data Collection
- Advising and coaching librarians to effectively communicate with architects throughout the building process - from needs assessments to finished building project no matter the scale.
- Facilitation for strategic planning sessions with community stakeholders.
- On Line Webinars.
- Presentations and Workshops