At PLAN22 Archibrarians
we SUPPORT YOU and your LIBRARY DESIGN
We are Librarian-COACHES
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN professionals
Intellectual Freedom and Privacy ADVOCATES
and authors of:
Making the Case for a Building Project, The Library Development Guide #5, 2010 for the Southern Ontario Library Service.
Our goal: To coach librarians so that they can work with their communities to clearly and effectively communicate with confidence their library's requirements to an architect or designer.
We help you lead your library project by:
facilitating workshops with the library and your library community;
providing personal and discrete background support to librarians as they work with architects to develop design concepts and approve drawings.
working in small groups with your staff to instruct them in the principles and basics of architectural design processes programming;
Karen Watson is an architect with 38 years experience in all aspects of the field of architecture, from hands on construction, specification writing, design and design documents, site inspection project management and site safety instruction in residential, institutional and commercial buildings. Most recently library design and architectural programming have been a fulfilling focus.
Speaking up about libraries, working for libraries, championing the freedom to read and the necessity of having an educated citizenry is Robert’s strength and passion.
He is an active member of the New York Public Library Association;chair of the NYLA Freedom of Information Committee; and a certified Trainer for 'ALA-Strategic Planning for Results'.
His work with community and library boards and political stakeholders at the city, county, state and provincial levels results in benefits to the libraries within the RCLS system.
- Architectural Programming and assistance to librarians and staff with pre-programming activities and documentation
- Fact finding information sessions with Boards
- Facilitating community planning workshops
- Assistance to Board to determine Project Definition
- Instructional work with librarians and staff for project definition
- Pre-planning work with librarians and staff
- Assistance to librarians and staff to ensure optimum functional relationships throughout a project
- Assistance to Librarians to help them write their library's Architectural Program and scope definition.
And ...On-line training for Architectural Programming and Data Collection
- Advising and coaching librarians to effectively communicate with architects throughout the building process - from needs assessments to finished building project no matter the scale.
- Facilitation for strategic planning sessions with community stakeholders.
- On Line Webinars.
- Presentations and Workshops