Thursday October 10, 2013
| 1:00pm Central | 12:00pm Mountain | 11:00am Pacific
"On the next episode of AL Live, we'll take a trip overseas. Our panel of international experts will discuss how some of Europe's top libraries currently see the role of the library and the librarian.
This 60-minute episode will take place on Thursday, October 10th at 2pm Eastern. You can pre-register at http://goo.gl/ZeSRX2 (pre-registration is not required to attend).
Among the topics we'll be discussing:
- What are the ways you engage visitors and drive the continued relevance of the library as a cultural institution?
- How does the library interact or interface with other public institutions?
- How does the library market its services to the public?
- What types of technologies do European libraries use to enhance the user experience?
- What type of online interfaces do European libraries offer?
- Hans van Velzen from the Amsterdam Public Library
- Paola Manoni from the Vatican Library
- Frédérique Manning from the City of Paris Library Network
- Eric Conderaerts from Infor"