Credits :Photo screen shots: video this article.
TEN WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR LIBRARY and enrich the lives of our young citizens...
1. Get a library card. Sign up your children for library cards.
2. Write to your local paper about your library and how it helps your family; use an example linked to this article.
3. Donate to YALSA.
4. Distribute free teen reading resources found in this article.
5. Share the info found in this article with your local politicians.
6. Compare your library's Teen Programs with National Standards using info in this article and share with your library and elected officials.
7. Be part of the movement to support your future : Volunteer at Your Library
8. Host a fund raiser: ideas in article.
9. Become part of your Library Support Group.
10. This May, go with your community and library supporters to Library Legislative Day. Libraries organize busses to take you to Washington to visit Federal Legislators offices to speak to their staff, to show how important libraries are in this country.
Be seen. Be heard.
There are links to documents, sites and details about all these topics in the following article. Click on a couple and see which one inspires you or your children and teens to Take Action for Your Library !
Be sure to take a moment to view the touching and well produced video at the end.